Energy House, Woolpit Business Park, Woolpit, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, IP30 9UP.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act or any replacement legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (together, the "Data Protection Legislation"), the data controller is Independent Fibre Retail Limited.
seethelight respects your right as our customer to privacy and takes its responsibilities regarding the security and privacy of all visitors to our website, www.seethelight.co.uk (the/our "Website") very seriously. We have developed this policy because we want you to feel confident about the privacy and security of your personal information, so please read it carefully before using our Website.
seethelight has notified the Information Commissioner's Office of its activities in accordance with the Data Protection Act (Registration No. Z1334015). This notification can be viewed at www.ico.org.uk.
seethelight takes all reasonable care to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal information.
2. About seethelight
seethelight is a leading-edge broadband and telephony communications provider in the UK. It is currently deploying a next generation services in various areas across the country to bring its customers advanced voice and high-speed Internet services. seethelight's mission is to bring these advanced services to business and residential customers alike. Please contact our sales office (please see Contacting seethelight on our website) to find out if you are able to receive our services in your area, or alternatively check on our website at www.seethelight.co.uk.
3. Definition of Personal Data
- 3.2 "Sensitive personal data" is a particular category of information and is any "personal data" which concerns racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or conditions, sexual life, commission or alleged commission of any
offence or any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by you, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.
Any sensitive personal data that you provide to us will be processed in accordance with this policy and the Data Protection Legislation. We will not collect and/or use any sensitive personal data without your explicit consent.
4. Collection and Use of Personal Data
- 4.1 When you visit our Website or order any of our services via our Website, we may collect and use data about you. The types of personal data we will collect may include details of your name, address, telephone number, email address, fax number and date of birth. We may also collect information about your usage of our Website, our services or anything else from the emails and letters you send to us, and the calls you make to us.
- 4.2 Some of the information described above is collected and processed so that the contract with you can be performed, some for the purpose of legal compliance and some for the purposes of our legitimate business interests (subject to your rights), namely to analyse the use of our Website and services in order to continually improve our business and services.
- 4.3 In some instances, we may need your credit/debit card details to charge for the services. All financial transactions are secured by SSL encryption to offer secure communications of sensitive data to and from our website. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure, and any information which you send to us is sent at your own risk.
- 4.4 When you (or someone using your telephone line) make a telephone call or send a fax that uses our telephone network or connect to the Internet, we keep a record of that call (including the number called) to enable seethelight to charge for it. We also receive information from other operators about calls made over our network, where we need that information for connecting and billing purposes.
- 4.5 If a customer abuses the seethelight telephone network, for example by making offensive or nuisance calls, we may keep any information relating to that abuse for our internal investigations, or to assist with external investigations, where necessary.
- 4.6 If a customer abuses the seethelight Internet Service or any value-add services connected with it, for example by breaching any of part of our Internet Acceptable Use Policy (available on our website www.seethelight.co.uk), we may keep any information relating to that abuse for our internal investigations, or to assist with external investigations, where necessary.
- 4.7 We will hold information about your use of our services (such as the amount of time you spend on-line), which we will use to manage our network and for billing. We may also use this information for marketing products and services. If you do not want to receive such information, please let us know (see sections 5 and 8.4 below).
- 4.8 seethelight may, from time to time, hold competitions or promotions. If you enter into any of our competitions or promotions, we may ask for information about you. This will be made clear at the time you enter the competitions or promotions. We will also inform you of the purposes for which the information you provide may be used.
- 4.9 Where you have consented at the time we collected your data or where we otherwise have the right to do so, we may ask you questions regarding the use you make of the services we provide, the other services you would like us to provide in the future and regarding any other information, such as lifestyle data by post, telephone, mobile message (e.g. SMS, MMS etc.) The information obtained in your responses to our questions will only be used internally to enable us to improve the quality of our service and to provide additional services to you. This information will not be published on our Website. We may also use your data to perform statistical analysis to help understand how people are using our services so that we can improve them.
- 4.10 If, at any stage, you object to seethelight's use of your personal data for direct marketing in the way described in section 4.9 above, or to the media in which such material is being sent, you may choose to unsubscribe to its receipt. You may do this by following the methods contained in the relevant communication, or using any one of the methods set out in paragraphs 5.2. – 5.4 below.
- 4.11 When you order services from seethelight, we may make enquiries about you for credit reference purposes. These enquires include searching your records held by Experian/Equifax or any other credit reference agency and checking any details held on you by the Interactive Media in Retail Group (IMRG) Security Alert or any other fraud prevention scheme. At all times, where your information is disclosed to us, we will protect it in accordance with this policy and the Data Protection Legislation and keep it secure.
- 4.12 We work closely with third parties (including, for example, our business partners) who may collect personal information from you and pass it on to us. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your personal data will be used.
- 5.1 If you have consented at the point of data collection to seethelight providing you with direct marketing material, and you will be requested to elect the type of media via which this material shall be provided (e.g. by post, email, telephone, fax, [or mobile message]). seethelight will only provide you with such material via your chosen media.
- 5.2 If, at any stage, you object to seethelight's use of your personal data for direct marketing or to the media in which such material is being sent, you may choose to unsubscribe to its receipt. You may do this by following the methods contained in the relevant communication, or using any one of the methods set out in paragraphs 5.2. – 5.4 below.
- 5.3 If you would like to stop unsolicited telemarketing calls from companies (including seethelight), please contact the Telephone Preference Service on 0845 070 0707, or do this online at www.tpsonline.org.uk and register your telephone number(s). Direct marketing calls should stop after 28 days.
- 5.4 If you would like to stop unsolicited direct marketing mailings companies (including seethelight), please contact the Mail Preference Service on 0845 7034599, or do this online at www.mpsonline.org.uk. Direct marketing mailers should stop after 3 months
- 5.5 If you would like to stop unsolicited fax calls from companies, please contact the Facsimile Preference Service (FPS) on 0845 070 0702, or do this online at www.fpsonline.org.uk and register your telephone number(s). Direct marketing calls should stop after 28 days.
Remember to re-register if you change your address.
6. Sharing of your Personal Data
- 6.1 The information you provide to us will be transferred and stored on our servers in the UK.
- 6.3 We make our customers' telephone numbers available to directory enquiry services, unless the customers have chosen to be registered ex-directory.
- 6.4 seethelight is part of the BUUK Infrastructure group of companies. seethelight may share your personal data with other BUUK Infrastructure companies for the provision of a service and customer account management. We may also share information with credit reference or fraud prevention agencies.
- 6.5 If you have consented at the point of data collection, we may allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, or our business partners to provide you with direct marketing material, and you will be requested to elect the type of media via which this material shall be provided (e.g. by post, email, telephone, fax, [or mobile message]).
- 6.6 If at any stage, you object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing in the way described at section 6.5 above, or to the media in which such material is being sent, you may unsubscribe to its receipt of it. You may do this by following the methods contained in the relevant communication, or contacting us via the details set out in section 8.4 below.
- 6.7 We may also provide our advertisers with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them of how many people in a certain area have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). You will not be personally identifiable from this aggregate information.
- 6.8 If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merges with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- 6.9 We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Terms & Conditions and any other agreement; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of seethelight, its customers, its employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- 6.10 We work closely with third parties (including, for example, our business partners) who may collect personal information from you and pass it on to us. Where this is the case the third party is responsible for obtaining the relevant consents from you to ensure you are happy with the ways in which your personal data will be used.
- 7.1 Please note that, subject to receiving your consent, we may record all inbound and outbound telephone calls made to and by our customer support centre for training and quality purposes. In addition, where we receive your consent to do so, in some instances we may be required to send call recordings to third parties for whom we sell products or services over the phone. This is so that they can monitor the quality of our calls when selling their products or services.
8. Retention of your Personal Data
- 8.1 The time period for which we keep information varies according to the purpose for which the information is used. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain the information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
9. Your Rights and Making Changes to Your Retained Personal Data
- 9.1 You have the right to see the information we hold about you and to ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- 9.2 We will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if we intend to use your information for marketing or research purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the details set out at section 8.4 below.
- 9.3 Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your information, please contact us via the details set out at section 8.4 below. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues.
Telephone: 02920 028 711
Address: Data Protection Officer, seethelight, Driscoll 2, Ellen Street, Cardiff CF10 4BP.
10. Security of your Personal Data
- 10.1 We take very seriously the guarding and security of your personal information and the details of any transactions made. We take appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing.
- 10.2 Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
- 10.3 We use secure servers to store the information you give us when you register or place an order (including your credit card details and your password). Any personal data you send us online is securely encrypted. These measures ensure an appropriate level of security in relation to the risks inherent in the processing and the nature of the personal data to be protected. Your securely held personal data will only be accessible by select authorised members of seethelight.
- 10.4 Please note that your billing account number is a sensitive piece of information, which can be used, with your telephone number to find out information about your use of the seethelight's services. Please ensure that you keep this information in a safe place and do not share it with others. For access to information, such as itemised billing and some business account and ordering services, extra proof of identity and authorisation may be required.
11. Your Privacy and Third Party Websites
- 11.2 In the event that we allow other companies to advertise or offer their products or services on our Website, please be aware that they may also allocate cookies to your computer. The use of the information generated by such cookies will be governed by their own privacy policies and not ours. However, you may refuse such cookies by following the procedure described in section 9 above.